Yellow Poems - Poems For Yellow
Poems about yellow. You can read the best yellow poems. Browse through all yellow poems.
Yellow - Poem by Robert William Service
One pearly day in early May I walked upon the sand
And saw, say half a mile away, a man with gun in hand.
A dog was cowering to his will as slow he sought to creep
Upon a dozen ducks so still they seemed to be asleep.
When like a streak the dog dashed out, the ducks flashed up in flight.
The fellow gave a savage shout and cursed with all his might.
Then as I stood somewhat amazed and gazed with eyes agog,
With bitter rage his gun he raised and blazed and shot the dog.
You know how dogs can yelp with pain; its blood soaked in the sand,
And yet it crawled to him again, and tried to lick his hand.
'Forgive me Lord for what I've done,' it seemed as if it said,
But once again he raised his gun -- this time he shot it dead.
What could I do? What could I say? 'Twas such a lonely place.
Tongue-tied I watched him stride away, I never saw his face.
I should have bawled the bastard out, a yellow dog he slew.
But worse, he proved beyond a doubt that - I was yellow too.
Comments about Yellow by Robert William Service
Poems About Yellow
- 1. Yellow , Robert William Service
- 2. Theme In Yellow , Carl Sandburg
- 3. Symphony In Yellow , Oscar Wilde
- 4. Nature Rarer Uses Yellow , Emily Dickinson
- 5. The King Of Yellow Butterflies , Vachel Lindsay
- 6. The Yellow Violet , William Cullen Bryant
- 7. Of Yellow was the outer Sky , Emily Dickinson
- 8. The Great Yellow River Inundation In China , William Topaz McGonagall
- 9. Modern Love Xi: Out In The Yellow Meadows , George Meredith
- 10. To Interrupt His Yellow Plan , Emily Dickinson
- 11. These Green-Going-To-Yellow , Marvin Bell
- 12. The Yellow-Covered Almanac , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 13. Yellow Warblers , Katharine Lee Bates
- 14. The Yellow Gas , Christopher John Brennan
- 15. The Yellowhammer , John Clare
- 16. You And Yellow Air , John Shaw Neilson
- 17. Yellow Jessamine , Constance Fenimore Woolson
- 18. Love Song , William Carlos Williams
- 19. Autumn Movement , Carl Sandburg
- 20. Haiku (The Low Yellow...) , Jack Kerouac
- 21. A lane of Yellow led the eye , Emily Dickinson
- 22. Lightly Stepped A Yellow Star , Emily Dickinson
- 23. Listening To A Flute In Yellow Crane Pav.. , Li Po
- 24. The House Of Dust: Part 01: 03: One, Whe.. , Conrad Potter Aiken
- 25. My Bed is Covered Yellow , Peter Anton Orlovsky
- 26. The Green Eye Of The Little Yellow God , John Milton Hayes
- 27. Yellow Goblins , Fanny Howe
- 28. Yellow Glove , Naomi Shihab Nye
- 29. A Yellow Leaf , Alberto Ríos
- 30. Yellow Stars and Ice , Susan Stewart
- 31. Yellow Beak , Stephen Dobyns
- 32. Poem For Adlai Stevenson And Yellow Jack.. , David Young
- 33. The Great American Yellow Poem , Frances Chung
- 34. Colors Passing Through Us , Marge Piercy
- 35. Counting-Out Rhyme , Edna St. Vincent Millay
- 36. In Back Of The Real , Allen Ginsberg
- 37. Out Of The Cradle Endlessly Rocking , Walt Whitman
- 38. For Anne Gregory , William Butler Yeats
- 39. Primrose , William Carlos Williams
- 40. A Calendar Of Sonnets: September , Helen Hunt Jackson
- 41. The Drunken Boat , Arthur Rimbaud
- 42. The Falling Of The Leaves , William Butler Yeats
- 43. Buttons , Carl Sandburg
- 44. Hiawatha's Sailing , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 45. Crucible , Carl Sandburg
- 46. Hiawatha's Fasting , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 47. Sea-Shore Memories , Walt Whitman
- 48. Gioconda And Si-Ya-U , Nazim Hikmet
- 49. Autumn , Amy Lowell
- 50. Little Yellow Flowers , Valerie Dohren
New Yellow Poems
- I Dreamt Of A Yellow Christmas, Birgitta Heikka
- My Shabby Fence, Anahit Arustamyan
- Yellow Beans And Blue Rice, lucia Buie
- Imaginary Landscape with 29 Birds (After.., Marc Jampole
- Yellow, Alesia Leach
- Je Suis Jaune, douglas scotney
- Yellow Bomb, Mark Heathcote
- Vomit, Salamon Atmosphere
- Yellow Rose, Vera Sidhwa
- Yellow Rose, Hanh Chau
- carpe diem