Biography of Rahman Henry
Poet, Literary Critic, Translator of world Poetry and an author of 14 books of poetry from Bangladesh. Henry is The Editor of a poetry Magazine 'POET TREE' by name.
The list of poets whose at least one or more poems are translated by Rahman Henry in his native language (Bengali) :
01. Robert Frost
02. Pablo Neruda
03. Maya Angelou
04. William Blake
05. Emily Dickinson
06. Rudyard Kipling
07. Octavio Paz
08. Langston Hughes
09. Edgar Allan Poe
10. William Butler Yeats
11. Ezra Pound
12. William Faulkner
13. E E Cummings
14. William Wordsworth
15. Robert Herrick
and more 125 to name.
Rahman Henry's Works:
18 books of poetry (in his native language) .
- The Killers, The Assassins -new-
- If -new-
- On A Journey - Poem By Hermann Hesse (Be... -new-
- Sighs And Groans- Poem By George Herbert... -new-
- The Leaves Turn - Poem By Kurt Philip Be... -new-
- The Assassination -new-
- He Ate And Drank The Precious Words (Poe... -new-
- Betrayal - Poem By Young Heart (Bengali ... -new-
- সমাজতান্ত্রিক বিপর্যয় এবং একটি কাঁথার গল... -new-
- বৃষ্টিসম্ভাবনা ।। রহমান হেনরী (Poem In B... -new-
- পাখিকল্পবেলা ।। রহমান হেনরী (Poem In Ben... -new-
- আত্মকথনের মতো ।। রহমান হেনরী (Poem In Be... -new-
- অনুসিদ্ধান্ত ।। রহমান হেনরী (Poem In Ben... -new-
- Stories - Poem By Ko Un (Bengali Version... -new-
Rahman Henry Poems
Dynasty Of Arrogance -new-
The night is taken by the rain. Someone came out of the mirror in my lone bedroom and said:
Definition Of Poetry
Travelling Experience -new-
I have a little experience of travelling the world. I even don’t know how to jump And never stood before a waterfall for real But nowadays in my sleep
Wanted to reach the sky And touched finally; Desired to be the sky
Man Civilization: 21st Century
There are no people inside By water Over lands
Mystery is my Homeland And I was born once more before I was born Even I'll die once again after my death
The black car stopped, A bunch of rifles walked out. Some asked: Why?
The History Of The Indian Continent
Before they left Indian Continent, The British Government threw their horses In the sea.
We've no eyes, ears only At the last watch of nights, Frequently hearing strange outcry,
If desired by thine__ I'll choose a death at will for mine; The means of doing that, 'cause it's tough, It's you, then, who is to suggest, my love!
The Nonsense Rhyme Of Winds And Air
Being born from roses, up to far away, flowing the winds; Now am thinking of those people, Whose wallets are light and heavy the minds. Of their flats as fairy and women as heaven
Our Politics, Our Reality
Returning from Carnival I realized__ Death herself wearing a cute mask Danced all the night long
The black car stopped,
A bunch of rifles walked out.
Some asked: Why?
They replied by shooting:
Thash, Thash, Thash …
The questions were dead.
The replies jumped back in the car.