Randy McClave Poems
- Bring Me Flowers Bring me flowers when I am living Don't ...
- My Home Town My home town The place where I was born, ...
- Being Yourself Be the way that you want to be Not the way ...
- Becoming A Man The father told his son when he becomes a man ...
- Love Is Love is special, Love is kind, Love is joyful, ...
- Knowing Of A Tree It is a good thing indeed When someone ...
- One More Round When I hear the bell, I will go one more ...
I was born and raised in Ashland, Kentucky.
I am a also former Golden Gloves champion, and I am United Steelworker. I write to reflect the life I have lived and the suffering and happiness I have been through. I started writing poetry when I was 11 years of age, I have been to many countries Japan, Spain, Canada, Mexico, Scotland, England and I have studied and learned of writings and poetry of the countries that I visited.
I currently have 4 books of poetry published, I have been inspired by poets of the current and of the past, I see life as a poem waiting to be written.. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''If it weren't because of dirty cops, dirty judges and dirty politicians. We would live in a clean country.''The Bible and History
''Yesterday it is gone, that is where we store our sorrows. Tomorrow will never arrive, that is where we store our dreams. Today is all that we are guaranteed''To all the people that waited for tomorrow
Bring Me Flowers
Bring me flowers when I am living
Don't bring me them when I am dead,
Let me enjoy them in the giving
My mother always had said.
Let me hold them in my hands
And smell their fragrant scent,
Then I will reminisce of different lands
Before; I am heaven sent.
I will reflect back when I was young
Or, I might think back not long ago,
When I walked underneath the sun
Or, when I felt the wind as it blowed.
Bring me flowers when I am here
Please don't wait until I am gone,
So, I might reflect to a different year
And my memories will last on.