Biography of Rani Turton
Independant writer and poet originally from Delhi, now in France. Genre: Postcolonial (IWE) .
These poems are a selection of years of writing. They are all under strict copyright. If you want to use any material in the poems for publication, teaching, scolarship or reference they must be credited. No commercial usage is permitted. Copying, scraping or plagiarising is not appreciated. Poems that appear in print for anthologies or textual use need written permission. Thank you.
- Shelter Under This Tree -new-
- A Mad Bird Was I
- You'll Be My Knight in Shining Armour
- Artisan of Words
- A Wooden Door, A Metal Key
- A Niche For Me in Your Heart
- And Eternity Did Not Push Me Away
- My Father, With His Arthritic Hands
- Dusk Comes
- Analysing That Pain
- Draw The Blinds, Time
- Closing Years
- A Storm Will Arise Tonight
- A Clock, A Street, A Tower
A Mad Bird Was I
I walked down that lonely road
That sinuous, torturous bend
You know how I hated
The cold, the distance, my thoughts.
My thoughts flew back and forth
Like a mad bird blinded by the light
I was lost; I was lonely; I was in pain
A mad bird was I.