rita francis Poems
- Simple Expressions There are moments and places been where ...
- I Dream I dream of you yet I know that you are gone that ...
- Today Today has brought with it the promise that the hurt ...
- Somewhere, Someplace, Planet E... From the red mountains, ...
- You Came and found me in the midst of despair. You came
- Voices There I looked out and you saw me a waif in search of...
Born into a middle class family of immigrants to the USA from India, interest in poetry grew in high school. After several life changes, health challenges, and changes in profession, poetry became a solace along with writing for a living. Poems and essays have become a way of exploring the world and all that it has to offer through life experiences. This poet is a biochemist, IT professional, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about rita francis
There are moments and places been
where simple expressions cannot erase
those tender lapses in life's tale
where one can rarely regale.
Of scented plume and strewn petals tossed
satin sheets and kerchiefs embossed
with heady fragrance of extravagance
created from desire's glance.
Across the crowded café or busy street
bourne in happenstance where people greet
not with words that cajole
but kindred's gentle tough on the soul
Developed instantly through capitulating bright spirit
perhaps even at first sight
those stringe of accord struck with...