Roopa Menon Poems
- To Those Who Love Me Brown, yucky and tasteless Toxic ...
- A Tale Of Love In a small town lived a young girl, Who had ...
- The Sea Called Life Showers of happiness, As a million ...
- The Soldier The wind blows Through my hairs Grown through ...
- The Kindest Piece Of Paper Knocking every door Polite or ...
- Learn To Live In this materialistic universe, Being ...
- The Tree The tree didn’t dropp from sky, It has grown I ...
Roopa Menon was born in Mumbai, India on 11th May,1985.
Her poems have been published in Tajmahal Review (June 2003) ,
POTLUCK magazine and “VOYAGES”(a poetry Anthology)
Her interview about “Life in India” has been published by Teen Voices.
http: //www.angelfire.com/poetry/poetworld is the poetry website created by Roopa Menon, her friend Ruby and Ruby's brother Reuben. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
To Those Who Love Me
Brown, yucky and tasteless
All tightly bundled
Into a thin roll.
Slim and handy
As I squeeze in between
Burning my tail,
I turn into ashes and smoke
Surging my way
Through your mouth
To reach your lungs
Blocking arteries and veins on my way.
I hypnotize your cells
And they go dividing and dividing
Turning your lungs
Into a cancerous demon.
My dear children
Nicotine and tobacco-tar
Slowly eating you up,
Immersing you in their toxic bliss.
And you still enjoy me!
A tap on my ...