Sri Aurobindo Poems
- Life Mystic Miracle, daughter of Delight, Life, thou ...
- The Golden Light Thy golden Light came down into my ...
- Life And Death Life, death, - death, life; the words have led...
- The Dreamboat Who was it that came to me in a boat made of ...
- Bride Of The Fire Bride of the Fire, clasp me now close, - ...
- Evolution (Revised) I passed into a lucent still abode And ...
- O Coil, Coil O coil, honied envoy of the spring, Cease thy ...
Sri Aurobindo was an Indian nationalist and freedom fighter, major Indian English poet, philosopher, and yogi. He joined the movement for India's freedom from British rule and for a duration (1905–1910) became one of its most important leaders, before turning to developing his own vision and philosophy of human progress and spiritual evolution. He was also one of the famous Radical leaders of India during the Indian National Movement.
The central theme of Sri Aurobindo's vision is the evolution of life into a "life divine". In his own words: "Man is a transitional being. He is not final. The step from man to superman is the next approaching achievement in the earth ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Sri Aurobindo
Mystic Miracle, daughter of Delight,
Life, thou ecstasy,
Let the radius of thy flight
On thy wings thou bearest high
Glory and disdain,
Godhead and mortality,
Ecstasy and pain.
Take me in thy wild embrace
Without weak reserve
Body dire and unveiled face;
Faint not, Life, nor swerve.
All thy bliss I would explore,
All thy tyranny.
Cruel like the lion's roar,
Sweet like springtide be.
Like a Titan I would take,
Like a God enjoy,
Like a man contend and make,
Revel like a boy.
More I will not ask of ...