Sri Aurobindo Poems
- Bride Of The Fire Bride of the Fire, clasp me now close, - ...
- Life And Death Life, death, - death, life; the words have led...
- Life Mystic Miracle, daughter of Delight, Life, thou ...
- The Dreamboat Who was it that came to me in a boat made of ...
- The Golden Light Thy golden Light came down into my ...
- Evolution (Revised) I passed into a lucent still abode And ...
- O Coil, Coil O coil, honied envoy of the spring, Cease thy ...
Sri Aurobindo was an Indian nationalist and freedom fighter, major Indian English poet, philosopher, and yogi. He joined the movement for India's freedom from British rule and for a duration (1905–1910) became one of its most important leaders, before turning to developing his own vision and philosophy of human progress and spiritual evolution. He was also one of the famous Radical leaders of India during the Indian National Movement.
The central theme of Sri Aurobindo's vision is the evolution of life into a "life divine". In his own words: "Man is a transitional being. He is not final. The step from man to superman is the next approaching achievement in the earth ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Sri Aurobindo
Bride Of The Fire
Bride of the Fire, clasp me now close, -
Bride of the Fire!
I have shed the bloom of the earthly rose,
I have slain desire.
Beauty of the Light, surround my life, -
Beauty of the Light!
I have sacrificed longing and parted from grief,
I can bear thy delight.
Image of Ecstasy, thrill and enlace, -
Image of Bliss!
I would see only thy marvellous face,
Feel only thy kiss.
Voice of Infinity, sound in my heart, -
Call of the One!
Stamp there thy radiance, never to part,
O living sun.