Stephen Wylie Poems
- Jimi Hendrix There are two times in history, Before Hendrix...
- Taking The Cemetery Short-Cut ...
- A Guilty Pleasure How smoothly I swoop across a land Haunted...
- Darkness Lessens Slowly winter's darkness lessens, Solstice...
- Tea And Harmony Why do we sit drinking tea? Is it really ...
- Winter In High Latitudes
- Villanelle From Hell We've no cause for celebration, For ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Stephen Wylie
There are two times in history,
Before Hendrix and after.
In a time of dull conformity,
Jimi came and set us free:
Banishing the black and grey,
The discipline that overstayed
World War Two's necessity.
He blew the war's cobwebs away,
Restored the colours we had lost,
In a glowing rock glasnost;
Helped us articulate our dreams,
Reduced the flow of silent screams.