Subir Ningthouja Poems
- Janmashtami It is Janmashtami today And the children Are ...
- At Leaving The 42 year old woman, gasping every painful ...
- Western Sky You and me We were watching the western ...
- The Pained I can see it in her eyes The pain gnawing at her ...
- Then And Now Long ago When everything was possible When we ...
- My Baggage Here I am In this wind swept desert With my ...
- Drops Of Mercy The rivulets run dry The perennial spring is ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Subir Ningthouja
It is Janmashtami today
And the children
Are bursting crackers
And shooting toyguns
For it is the land of guns
And the unquenchable thirst
For power over hapless lives
With cries of Freedom
The opposing duality
Of intending mind and expressed word
For the reaping of bounty harvests
Watered with the blood
Of those shackled
With promises of the mirage
Of plenty and bliss