Subir Ningthouja Poems
- At Leaving The 42 year old woman, gasping every painful ...
- Western Sky You and me We were watching the western ...
- The Pained I can see it in her eyes The pain gnawing at her ...
- Then And Now Long ago When everything was possible When we ...
- My Baggage Here I am In this wind swept desert With my ...
- Drops Of Mercy The rivulets run dry The perennial spring is ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Subir Ningthouja
The 42 year old woman,
gasping every painful breath
with her emaciated frame
coaxing her MDR -TB moth eaten lungs
for every labored breath
The husband dumbly rubbing her back
and I forcing his face mask back on
while pumping some deriphyllin into tired veins
coaxing the oxygen valve
that was behaving a king
in a pauper 's land
I, looking into her eyes
glazing with the memories
of the fields and children,
that rare fish curry
followed by his loving lips...
Till I closed those eyes
with my indifferent fingers
for the next moth eaten lungs.