Suman Pokhrel Poems
- The Landslide Accursed are these moments for no ...
- Entanglements Let me not so much be lost in involvements As ...
- The Taj Mahal & My Love Through years of my prime I walked ...
- A Story Of The Setting Sun And... The road comes from ...
- An Encounter With Life Life was running, running after a ...
- Among Freed Bonded-Labourers• I could not say which one was ...
- Commands Commands- you're sure to hear from above if you're...
Born on the 21st September 1967, Suman Pokhrel is a poet, lyricist & translator. He is the recipient of SAARC Literay Award 2013.
Pokhrel is a man of letters active in promoting poetry, art and folklore. He is one of the finest Nepali poets today known for innovative style and grace. He has participated in several international literary and cultural events representing his country.
Suman Pokhrel is a realistic poet. The impressionable images created by him allow his readers to introspect. His poems revolve around the nuances of life. The play around his choice of words creates magic in the minds of his readers. His poems carry an earthy essence with a nostalgic ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Suman Pokhrel
Accursed are these moments
for no sake.
accursed are the faiths
Ephemeral shelters for inside the bosom
why aren't the rivers
permitted to flow riverly?
why isn't the snow
permitted to thaw all away?
not only on the surface
and is not only deep
it's deeper, deeper and deeper inside
Life every moment
is a landslide, landslide and landslide.
(Translated from Nepali by Dinesh K. Poudel)