Swatantryaveer Savarkar Poems
- Ode To The Ocean O Ocean, take me back to my Motherland My ...
- Ode To Weapons Tiger, croc, snake, lion, one n' all ...
- Ode To The Motherland How did these Foreign devils Invade ...
- Victory To You! Victory to you, O Auspicious One, O Holy ...
- Allow Me To See My God To see my God in his temple Allow ...
- First Installment Accept, O Mother, accept these trifling but...
- O Beloved Hindustan O Beautiful Hindustan! Our very soul you ...
Vinayak Damodar Savarkar was born on May 28,1883, at 10 p.m. at Bhagur, a village near Nasik, India. Characteristics that epitomized him were his from the earliest childhood:
• bold and daring with a magnetic personality and progressive ideas far, far beyond the times
• voracious reader with a profound knowledge and grasp of worldwide history (even ancient history of ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Swatantryaveer Savarkar
Ode To The Ocean
O Ocean, take me back to my Motherland
My soul in so much torment be! ||Dhru.||
Lapping worshipfully at my mother's feet
So always I saw you
Let us visit other Lands to see
The abounding nature, said you.
Seeing my Mother's heart full of qualms
A sacred oath you did give t'her,
Knowing the way home, ‘pon your back
My speedy return you promised her.
Fell for your promise did I!
That worldly-wise n' able be I
Her deliverance better serve do I
'Pon returning, so saying I left her.
O Ocean, my soul in so much torment be! ||1||...