Tomás Ó Cárthaigh
Tomás Ó Cárthaigh Poems
- A Horse Is A Horse A horse is a horse and a man is a man And...
- To The Recently Deceased The Angels they are calling, and ...
- What I See Before Me What I see before me as I look around, ...
- A Gift From God Every smile, every gurgle, every cry, It is...
- A Thought For Israel I wish that when my eyes I open, A ...
- The Ballad Of Old Clonbroney The Ballad of Old Clonbroney ...
- Can A Hand Outstretched Be Tru... Can a hand outstretched ...
Born in Galway, the author grew up in the small town of Banagher in Offaly.
Writing since a child, he published extensivly on the internet on such sites as Writers.com and Writerstoyou.com among others, before self publishing his first title 'Writings In Rhyme' in 2005.
http: //www.youtube.com/tomasocarthaigh more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Horse Is A Horse
A horse is a horse and a man is a man
And neither can be the other
And each can survive but is much better
In the company of one another.
And while a horse is a horse and that is true
A horse is but a beast
As a cow is a cow, some ask how
On its flesh we should not feast?
For they do so in France as in other places
And I don't know how they can
For while a horse is a horse and is only a horse
It is less a cow than it is a man!