Tracy Scheepers Poems
- A Nation United As I gaze at the streets of my home town I ...
- Forgotten Dove This dark day has dawned upon me My heart's ...
- Together Let us start over, Let us drift away, To a ...
- State Of Mind Since I was there Nothing seems to make sense ...
- Beautiful Place If I just stopped to smell the roses, I ...
- Love Is.... Love is love, as love is love Love is what? Love...
- Oh Light Oh light, oh light, you shine so bright tonight You...
I have always known that I wanted to be a writer, it was something that I could feel right through to the core of my bones. It was all I could think of but I completely underestimated myself thinking that I did not have the ability and therefore NEVER tried it..... until about 3 years ago. My first written 'poem' was 'State of Mind'. Writing has now become a part of who and what I am and when I write I feel whole again.
Once....I sat at my desk and stared out of the window into the empty distance, the emptiness just stared right back at me when I suddenly noticed a tiny speck of dust in the distance. This was a wonderful reminder to me that in a distance which at first seems ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Tracy Scheepers
A Nation United
As I gaze at the streets of my home town
I see a sad glimpse of what used to be,
But also a joyful glimpse of what can be
Diversity optimistically intertwined
This stormy sea was calmed a long time ago.
But this ship has not made it to shore,
There is an anchor holding it down.
What prevents us from wanting more?
The strengths and abilities exist
Fear the unfortunate obstacle
United as one!
This we should not resist.
A colourful nation!
What a beautiful miracle.
Proud to be a part of this heritage
Sad that we keep struggling ...