Winston Harding Poems
- On The Elevator Rushing to work, up in the sky Taking the ...
- Poverty In The 21st Century It's the 21st century The media ...
- Greed The greed of the 21st century Upon humanity seen, near...
- Celebrate Jamaica Jamaica, land of wood and water Beautiful ...
- Nelson Mandela The Hero Lives The doors slammed shut on ...
- Dear America America! Arise to your historical day, The ...
- Don'T Tear America Down! Those who thinks America is ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Winston Harding
On The Elevator
Rushing to work, up in the sky
Taking the elevator, up! Up! Up!
People coming in, one by one
Dressed appropriately, never a smile
People sadden by age, by profession
Ravished by economic turns, never a smile
People with relationship problems, enter en masse
Never, never a smile
Looking at the ceiling, the floor
Never smiling at each other
Never a word of hope, heard
You said hello, they frown on you
How dare you talk to a stranger
On the elevator? How dare you?
You wonder aloud; are these people from outer space?
On the elevator, crowded,...