Yang Wanli Poems
- Don'T Read Books Don't read books' Don't chant poems' When ...
- Early Summer, Dwelling In The ...
- At Dawn, See Off Lin Zifang At...
- Listening To The Rain A year ago my boat, homeward ...
- Rising Early Chrysanthemums in bloom-as gaunt as ...
- On A Portrait Of Myself The pure wind makes me chant ...
- Reading By The Window I idly open a book of T'ang poems and ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Yang Wanli
Don'T Read Books
Don't read books'
Don't chant poems'
When you read books your eyeballs wlther away
leaving the bare sockets
When you chant poems your heart leaks out slowly
wlth each word
People say reading books is enjoyable
People say chanting poems is fun
But if your lips constantly make a sound
like an insect chlrping ln autumn
you will only turn into a haggard old man
And even lf you don't turn into a haggard old man
lts annoying for others to have to hear you
It's so much better
to close your eyes sxt in your study
lower the curtains, sweep the ...