Zahara Cassim Poems
- Thoughts On War It's a wonder how The world is so bitter ...
- Open Letter To The Queen You sit there on your high throne, ...
- Perpetual Liminality I’m in a state of perpetual liminality, ...
- Existence I’m lying on the floor, I’m bleeding. Looking up...
- Bleed I see my life on the edge of a sword And yet, I walk ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Zahara Cassim
I’m lying on the floor,
Looking up at the sky,
I can feel the blood running out of me,
Like riotous refugees to a place of safety,
Out of this body that torments me.
Out, out, leave me.
Take the dark flames of fear, fright and pain with you,
When you run like scared children in the dark of night.
Let the death cover me,
Take me into the darkness.
Fervent sirens screaming like maddened banshees,
Shrieking through an eerie sky,
The shrill voice of ...