Biography of Ahmet Yalcinkaya
Was born in December 1963 in Giresun, Turkey. Finished High School in Germany and completed his Secondary Education in Istanbul (1981) . Has got BSc in Mechanical Engineering from Bogazici University (1987) , MSc in Robotics from Istanbul Technical University (1991) , AA in Management from Anadolu University (2000) . Has taught Mathematical Modelling at Namangan Engineering Pedagogical Institute in Uzbekistan. He works nowadays as technical manager in Uzbekistan.
His poems, essays, letters, interviews, poetry translations and other translations have been published by newspapers and journals like Zaman, Al-Ahram Weekly, Vahdet, Impact, Tanitim, Avaz, Harman, Das Licht, Kardelen, Mavera, Yosh Kuch, Pop Tongi, Kiragi, Endulus and others in Turkey, Germany, England, Egypt and Uzbekistan. Has been awarded with several prizes. Has represented Kiragi Poetry Journal in Istanbul (1995-97) . Has taken part in the editorial board of the literary journal Endulus (1997-98) .
His published literary books are
* Daglarda Yer Yok (Poems,1997, ``There is not any place in the mountains``)
* Yetim Kalan Siirler (Poems,2001, ``Orphan Poems``)
* Yuragimning ko`z yoshi (Selected Poems,2001, in Uzbek, ``Tears of my Heart``)
Books which are to be published soon
* Sanci ve Umit (Essays and Articles,2005, ``Ache and Hope``)
* Askla Huzun Arasi (Poems,2005, ``Between Love and Sorrow``)
* 20-Asr O`zbek She`riyati Antologiyasi (Poetry Anthology,2005, in Uzbek, ``Anthology of 20th Century Uzbek Poetry``)
* Love and Sorrow (Selected Poems,2005)
* Dogudan ve Batidan (Poetry translations,2005, ``From East and West``)
In addition to the above literary works, has also works in technical fields. Those are
* Production and Utilisation of Biogas (1987)
* Dual Sayilarin Robot Kinematik ve Dinamiginde Kullanimi (Thesis,1991, ``The Use of Dual Numbers in Robot Kinematics and Dynamics``)
* Role of Culture in Total Quality Management (Dissertation,1999) .
Ahmet Yalcinkaya's Works:
1. There is not any place in the mountains (1997, in Turkish, poetry)
2. Orphan Poems (2001, in Turkish, poetry)
3. Tears of my Heart (2001, in Uzbek, poetry)
4. In the Waters of Longing (2004, e-book, in Turkish,1st printing,2005, Morrisville, poetry)
Several books other than poetry.
Ahmet Yalcinkaya Poems
time was yellow at that day like a leaf and the woman gave birth to betrayal pure of mother-of-pearl so shown
if you name your hair a rope whip my soul with it tighten my neck i am willing
Longing For You Suffices I Cannot Say Co...
I cannot say come to you I cannot call you while I am like you I do not call you from climates far away before fears
Write My News To Your Agency
i lost my mind since the moment i have seen you i found me a way go and go
I come every morning to the beginning of this street thinking that you will pass from here I wait, wait, and wait…
if you name your hair a rope
whip my soul with it
tighten my neck
i am willing
if you take your fingernail as a knife
strive in my breast
cut my day dreams
split my memories