Albert Johnson Poems
- 5. Someday I'Ll Cry Right now it hurts too much to cry. I ...
- 7. Safety's Smile I'd had enough safety. I wanted free. I ...
- 6. Unstuck A snowstorm struck and we were stuck, housebound...
- 4. Window Pain When the death wish taps upon my window I ...
- 3. Eyes Old photos show adoring eyes Toward your newborn ...
- 2. In A Cabin In a cabin dark and lonely mother labored, ...
From early childhood I was abused by my father, physically, emotionally, and verbally. The beatings were bad enough. I think, however, that the emotional and verbal abuse and public ridicule which I experienced left an even deeper scar upon me. I now realize that I will be on the road of recovery the rest of my life. I have often feared that others would damage me as I was damaged by my raging, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Albert Johnson
5. Someday I'Ll Cry
Right now it hurts too much to cry.
I can't deal with my pain.
Survival is my current goal,
Forget 'No pain, no gain.'
But someday when I'm stronger
And life is safer, too,
I'll look inside my hurting heart
As best as I can do.
And then the special child
That lives inside of me
Will face the pain, injustice,
And the tears can be set free.
I'll cry for the special boy
Whose childhood was lost
To the effort to survive,
I'll cry for what it cost.
I'll cry for others who like me
Craved love instead of strife.
Yes, in time, ...