amitav mazumdar Poems
- My Runaway Friend chasing away the swarms of flies- he makes...
- Axes And Shovels Those are not my mine, deep scars on the ...
- Living For Others ( 1) Our lips are locked We're chewing ...
- To My Dearest Verses Those pavements hundreds of ...
- I Was There I was there very much Alone like a ...
- Amdist A War Long gasps strewn all over After the war, Oh ...
- From The Hills Beyond the reach Atop Swings slowly A puff ...
Born in India, a Hindu by faith. Believes that every thought breeds another and then another and then another.......... First published poem published poem A TREE DIED INSIDE ME was published in The Statesman in 2005. Poems are mostly influenced from the writings of Li Bai- an insane poet rejoices in lazy wanderings. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''i'm susceptible to the stars in the sky/I'm incurably romantic''
''My shadows are getting smaller and smaller to a drop of a spherical black...........''amitava mazumdar
Comments about amitav mazumdar
My Runaway Friend
chasing away the swarms of flies-
he makes awhile busy
a crumpled hat a tattered shirt
peeps his narrow chest hairy
talking to noone- he cried
some old rags a few plastic bottles
he is treasured solemnly
making face to a stranger
he readies for a combat
a streetside tree or
beneath the flyover
he stretches himself on a mat
pissing in front of the ministers
he exhibits his democracy
with a pair of castaway shoes
he walks lazy.
all the sweeping dust
shines on his face
he is not a bit
shame to ...