Anna Laetitia Waring
Anna Laetitia Waring Poems
- Father, I Know That All My Lif... "My times are in Thy hand." ...
- In Heavenly Love Abiding In heavenly love abiding, no change ...
- My Heart Is Resting, O My Lord My heart is resting, O my ...
- To The Superior Animal To sum up all, I'm old -- and that's ...
- My Savior, On The Word Of Trut... My Savior, on the word of ...
- Tender Mercies Tender mercies, on my way Falling softly ...
- Go Not Far From Me, O My God Go not far from me, O my God, ...
Anna Laetitia Waring , daughter of Elijah Waring, and niece of Samuel Miller Waring, was born at Neith, Glamorganshire, Wales in 1820. In 1850 she published her Hymns and Meditations, by A. L. W., a small book of 19 hymns. The 4th edition was published in 1854. The 10th edition, 1863, is enlarged to 38 hymns. She also published Additional Hymns, 1858, and contributed some pieces to the Sunday ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Anna Laetitia Waring
Father, I Know That All My Life
"My times are in Thy hand." -- Psalm XXXI.15
Father, I know that all my life
Is portioned out for me,
And the changes that are sure to come,
I do not fear to see;
But I ask Thee for a present mind
Intent on pleasing Thee.
I ask Thee for a thoughtful love,
Through constant watching wise,
To meet the glad with joyful smiles,
And to wipe the weeping eyes;
And a heart at leisure from itself,
To soothe and sympathise.
I would not have the restless will
That hurries to and fro,
Seeking for some great thing to do
Or secret thing to ...