Anthony Sullivan Poems
- This Is Life At Its Most Beaut... I guess I may not now ...
- Captain Of My Ship CAPTAIN OF MY SHIP Bought myself this ...
- Sorry I Cared If you're waitin' for me to say I'm ...
- Butterflies Now this hearts a kind of broken It's gonna take...
- Words Of A Soldiers Sweetheart Behind a wall of glass and ...
- When This Night Has Passed When this night has passed from ...
- Ode To A Sleeping Beauty Tonight before my eyes she ...
Amatuer writer Anthony Sullivan writes lyrics and poems as a hobby, and in 2004 published his first book 'Under Star and Under Sun' to local acclaim.
Growing up in Lusmagh, a rural village outside of Banagher in Offaly, Anthony was inspired my the melodys of country music, and the form of its structure. Making up his own words for buits of songs he did not know, he soon found he had a talent for writing his own.
And so started his writing career!
“ A LITTLE CATCH-UP TIME….. “
Right, here’s a really quick run-down on what’s been going on with me since the launch of UNDER STAR AND UNDER SUN back in ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Anthony Sullivan
This Is Life At Its Most Beautiful
I guess I may not now become
All of what I once hoped to be
And many’s a great youthful dream
I have seen take it’s leave of me
And I’m sure not worth a fortune
If you’re countin’ what’s in the bank
But in terms of what’s important
Well then money don’t even rank
Cos’ I have held a lover tight
Beneath a moon of silver bright
And counted all the diamons in the sky
Been able to make children laugh (CHORUS)
And let friends know I have their back
And I’ll be proud of that until I die
A life so simply lived, can be so wonderful
And I ...