Carolyn Ford Witt
Biography of Carolyn Ford Witt
I am a retired Nurse, married since 1961,4 children,12 grandchildren,8 greatgrandchildren so far. Raised 8 children, and numerous foster children over my lifetime. Have a profound belief in God and know that He is my guide in every part of my life.
I love to write poetry and take long walks beside the River. I also do genealogy and have over 120,000 names in my database.
Many of my poems are memories, some feelings, most religious, and many written to a specific sentence or plot given me by someone else, such as 'Titanic' and 'Indianapolis' or 'Aviation'. Most of the Love poems were either for my husband or for a theme write. The friendship poems are for special people I have known.
Carolyn Ford Witt's Works:
Have many published poems on NetHugs.com and in our local newspaper. I have been asked many times to write poetry for funerals, a few are included here. (I'm not really morbid) just sensitive. I have over 2000 poems in my personal database of many styles and subjects.
Carolyn Ford Witt Poems
- * Amour * -
- * AMOUR * - My love, there is no measure for the feelings that transpire.
- * A Soldier's Prayer * -
- * A SOLDIER'S PRAYER * - I stand here in this foreign land As I look into the sky
- * Mama's Legacy * -
- * MAMA'S LEGACY * - When I was just a little girl I lay in Mama's bed
- A Birthday Blessing-
- A BIRTHDAY BLESSING- Here is a Birthday Blessing For a very special Friend,
- *indianapolis* -
- *INDIANAPOLIS* (INDIANA) - From a land of standing timber Fields of cane.. that grew so tall
- * Enchanted Fantasy * -
- * ENCHANTED FANTASY * -
- * Love You My Friend * -
- * LOVE YOU MY FRIEND * - I played out in the rain today I had a lot of fun.
- * Thanks For The Memories * -
- * THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES * - You used to send me little things that brightened up my day.
- *first Love Yourself *-
- *FIRST LOVE YOURSELF *- To a little bit of something, Just a tiny little girl.
- * God's Hands *-
- * GOD'S HANDS *- A storm is building quickly Dark clouds are overhead
- * Altzheimers * -
- * ALTZHEIMERS * - Sometimes, I'm in the shadows Of this life, here, day by day.
- * The Faucet Of Our Tears * -
- * THE Faucet of our Tears * - We think about the things we do And try to censure what's untrue
- * The Measure Of My Life * -
- * THE MEASURE OF MY LIFE * - You are the measure of my Life, Oh Lord,
- * My Day * -
- * MY DAY * - This day has been a battle Of such intensity.
- RIVER WALK-
by Miss Caroline
I am walking 'long the River
Feel the pebbles 'neath my feet
Listening to the water
And the Rivers' rythmic beat
See the Hills beyond the water