Clifton Redmond Poems
- When I Paint My Masterpiece There it is right in front of ...
- Heading West Jet tracks in the open sky sailing slowly, ...
- Race The Wind We ran together free and careless through fur...
- Time Eating Time I am tired right now as i watch the ...
- His Morning Ritual I remember him best my father in those ...
- They Will Never Walk Alone A tribute to the 96 people that ...
- First Confession When we were six years old innocent to ...
Cllifton Redmond was born in 1982 in a small rural town in Co. Carlow Ireland called Hacketstown. Born into the tough econimic times of the eighties. POETRY IN MOTION
DISPLAYING a turn of phrase
as sharp as his butchers knife,
Oakley Grove resident Clifton
Redmond has shown himself
to be a gifted poet even though
he has only seriously dedicated
himself to the craft for less than
“I started it about last
August, ” says Clifton. “I’ve
always been interested in music
and lyrics. I stumbled across
a poetry website which helps
people to start writing poems
and I said I’D give it a go and
see ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
When I Paint My Masterpiece
There it is right in front of me
the perfect poem
like a silk thread tapestry
woven by the hands of a master.
My eyes are in disbelief
at how it meanders on the page
glowing as I bask in its structure
the sheer clarity
as I discover the workings of his mind.
as I stutter
wading through his old verse
this mad scientist of the past
cutting words and dicing them.
Pulling them apart
and making them dance like a puppeteer
with stanzas hanging from a string
the simple intrusion of the great crowd ...