Colin Powell Quotes
''1. It ain't as bad as you think. It will look better in the morning.Colin Powell (b. 1937), U.S. General. "Colin Powell's Rules," My American Journey, with Joseph E. Persico, Random House (1995).
2. Get mad, then get over it.
3. Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego goes with it.
4. It can be done!
5. Be careful what you choose. You may get it.
6. Don't let adverse facts stand in the way of a good decision.
7. You can't make someone else's choices. You shouldn't let someone else make yours.
8. Check small things.
9. Share credit.
10. Remain calm. Be kind.''
''Our strategy in going after this army is very simple. First we are going to cut it off, and then we are going to kill it.''Colin Powell (b. 1937), U.S. General. My American Journey, ch. 19, with Joseph E. Persico, Random House (1995). Powell announced the U.S. war aim against Saddam Hussein's army on January 23, 1991.
Read more quotations »