Dee Shaffer Poems
- Invisible I slip through each crowd Silent, unadorned, and ...
- Free Fall You walk like mist floating upon the evening ...
- What A Fool.... I see you standing there so self secure I ...
- What Is Truth What is truth, In a world always changing? ...
- Cold The dark of the night consumes me, My tears fall like ...
- Stars Fall The stars fall, dark clouds weep and the sky ...
I am an English Major at Pensacola Christian College. I hope to graduate in the fall of 2008 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and a Minor in Journalism. I love to write! I have currently written several short stories and am finishing my first novel. I really want to publish my collection of Poems 'Songs of the Lost, ' and and working dilligently on a companion collection 'Songs of the ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Dee Shaffer
I slip through each crowd
Silent, unadorned, and plain
Nothing stands out; nothing is special
You wont hear me speak, or
Notice my presence beside you
When I am gone will my departure even register?
I already know the answer..
When you go away they notice,
When you die they finally mourn.
If they only knew I was aleady gone
If they knew I was dead already.
My heart died years ago,
But they don't even care
I close my eyes and sleep
Never to wake, the morning is no redemption
I try to break free from this world,
There is no freedom in my ...