Dejan Stojanovic Poems
- A Woman In The Garden Of Light To find the hidden ...
- Dancing Of Sounds There is a moonlight note In the Moonlight...
- The Strange Love Song Of T. S.... At twenty-six, I was ...
- A Star Deep In The Mind I see a new star on the horizon; ...
- A New Friend Tell me something less significant, Something ...
- Being Late From where do simplicity and ease In the ...
- Sounds Of Imagination I imagined I was a mountain; Then I ...
Dejan Stojanovic was born in Pec, Kosovo (the former Yugoslavia) , in 1959. Although a lawyer by education, he has never practiced law and instead became a journalist. He is a poet, essayist, philosopher, and businessman and published six critically acclaimed books of poetry in Serbia:
'The Sun Watches Itself, '
'The Sign and Its Children, '
'The Shape, '
'The Creator, '
'Dance of Time.'
In 1986, as a young writer, he was recognized among 200 writers at the Bor (former Yugoslavia) Literary Festival. He also received the prestigious 'Rastko Petrovic' Award ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''The deeper thought is, the taller it becomes.''Dejan Stojanovic
''My feelings are too loud for words and too shy for the world.''Dejan Stojanovic
''The most complicated skill is to be simple.''Dejan Stojanovic
''To hide feelings when you are near crying is the secret of dignity.''Dejan Stojanovic
''It is beautiful to express love and even more beautiful to feel it.''Dejan Stojanovic
A Woman In The Garden Of Light
To find the hidden place
Longing freely to explore
Break obstacles and recognize
Invisible sparks emanating
From the deserved discovery
Of nothing between us
Shining longing only
Wakening stars in the Garden
Witnessing the birth of new landscapes,
Future cities and temples
Hearing new stories, falling
From the fountains of the secret art
All old sounds and colors reviving
And you, blindingly bright,
Into new senses are melting me
And into the core I grow
With invisible roots piercing
Touching the core of fire
Traveling far to the ...