Derek J. Brandt
Derek J. Brandt Poems
- Children Of Eden Once, in a meadow fair & gold, there stood...
- Novus Ordo Seclorum Epistle I: Where is your mind you ...
- Hell Or High Water So many thoughts. Such little time. So ...
- Paradigm A bemused child departed from his brilliant ...
- Idyll I remember when the quality of life was black and gray;...
- The Canticle Faint forlorn cries, Quaint mournful eyes where...
- Morbid Mosaic Adversity. Folly. Betrayal & War. Soldiers ...
'I am a poet. A master of the combination of words. I am an Artist. Romanticized amongst the very last of a scattered generation. I am a Philosopher in a life-long reverie of Wisdom. A seeker & champion of ultimate truths. I am the Son of an everlasting God. A witness to the end of days & a testimony to their treachery. These are the fruit of my labors.' —Derek Joseph Brandt
www.facebook.com/derekjbrandt.poetry more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Derek J. Brandt
Children Of Eden
Once, in a meadow fair & gold,
there stood a solemn marigold.
And though the flower broad & bold—
It came to die when it grew cold.
Dear holders of the gloom: Beware.
We do not wish you your despair.
But only that you live with us
and tend unto the gardens care.
To those who hate: We ask you why?
Why live this broken, heartless lie?
We pity that which you live by.
We pity you; Your end is neigh.
Dear women in the world thereof:
Be meek in whom you choose to love.
A crow doth not befriend a dove.
You shan't be took advantage ...