Derrick Hubert Schnabel
Derrick Hubert Schnabel Poems
- Belinda sonnet #19 Belinda
- Friends sonnet #3 friends
- A Symphonic Dream a symphonic dream a broken
- If Music Be... if music be … elusive music heard without ...
- Credo sonnet #13 credo from spiritual and moral captivity...
- Thanks sonnet #10 thanks
- Metastases sonnet #5 metastasis i have become a thief of...
I was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer in May 2010 but remain upbeat and full of the joys of life. Certain experiences, like my 'work' with fellow terminal patients aged between 6 and 13 make my cancer the most wonderful gift I have ever received. My 'poems' have been written during many pain-disturbed sleepless nights. Although intended as 'word games' to pass the time, they do undoubtedly reflect ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Derrick Hubert Schnabel
i would not have you, Belinda, in darkness sit,
on days like this, my hand clasped in hand dead,
remembering sadly your fragrant bed –
each moment therein, what joy we had of it.
rather, while still our lights though dimmed were lit,
bid friends to the parties that once we planned,
happy all the time! until to the dust’s demand,
your soul, not mine, did separately submit.
so, when i come (for you at last will call
and i shall hear and linger not at all) ,
still to your throat, your arms, your loosened hair
will cling ...