Edward Hammer Poems
- What Made My Life This emptiness I cannot hide I wish so she...
- God Took Her In A Twinkle God took her in a twinkle As kind ...
- My Path I walked my path of life What was it all about I ...
- Lauren I'll never forget your friendly smile Grace and poise...
- Daydreams A daydream can open such wonderful things Wash ...
- The Fall Of My Life It is the fall and the fall of my ...
These poems are were written instead of a journal for a grief/bereavement session I attended after my wife passed away on 9-6-2004. She died from breast cancer and I am struggling with this loss. We were married 30 yrs and aside from being my wife, she was my best friend. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
What Made My Life
This emptiness I cannot hide
I wish so she were by my side
Try I may to fill that void
With things that we had both enjoyed
But memories cannot replace
A gentle smile or warm embrace
Or things we shared and talked about
The things I need, I am without
I hoped that time would help me see
That life goes on in memory
Though memories don’t make a life
What made my life, was my wife