Ellen Shaw Poems
- Calling Me To The Desert In the desert sand lifts And ...
- I Am But A Mixed Raced Child What do I know? I am but a ...
- Squatters The letters on the doormat glowed blue in the ...
- No Ordinary Day Flown away and made this no ordinary day a ...
- Flying Over Sand Dunes You broke my heart the moment I saw ...
- Water Today I knocked on water to see if she would let me ...
- Leave Completely If you are going to leave ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Ellen Shaw
Calling Me To The Desert
In the desert sand lifts
A violent storm
Forming my name
To be whispered across the continents
No! it's golden money
Calling me to the desert
Perhaps my relationships will die
Once I'm living in the desert
The blue sky holds
All of the promises like clouds
they'll cushion me
The sun burns down
And the women hide behind swathes of black
Yet as a woman I am being
Called towards the desert
Perhaps my beating heart ...