Iftekhar Sayeed Poems
- How Many Savimbis? Mr Savimbi fought to oust the new ruling ...
- Requiescat In Pace SUNAMGANJ, Apr 16: A local leader of ...
- The Cry Police could not yet arrest the alleged rapists as ...
- Page 6 JL [Jubo League - political party youth wing] leader's...
- The Lynching At Rampura Lake And again it had been people on ...
- A Victim Of Democracy Based on the death of Mahima, who was ...
Iftekhar Sayeed was born in Dhaka, Bangladesh, where he currently resides. He teaches English as well as economics. He is a language consultant to several organizations.
His poetry, fiction and essays have appeared in DANFORTH REVIEW, POSTCOLONIAL TEXT and DALHOUSIE REVIEW from Canada; ROGUESCHOLARS.COM, WRITETHIS.COM, PERIGEE, OPEDNEWS.COM, DREAMAGIC.COM, POET'S HAVEN, AXIS OF LOGIC, THE ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Iftekhar Sayeed
The Lynching At Rampura Lake
Do you know what it’s like to beat a man
To death? Nobody asked me if I felt
Guilty afterwards, but the answer to
Both questions would be ‘no’. Feel guilty? Hell!
I relished every punch – not that I could
Get many in, you know! There must have been
Five hundred people, a thousand fists and feet
Rammed into breaking bone and cracking flesh!
Why did they do it? It was people power!
Genuine, bona fide, real democracy –
For once, for one night, these two murderers
Could not take refuge with the gangsters, ...