Isam Hussain Poems
- Belief And Unbelief Sceptics say God is an illusion, a ...
- Autumn Leaves A haunting sound is heard softly whistling, ...
- The Boy Who Could'nt Weep Silent images flashed on my TV ...
- The Tsunami (Boxing Day 2004, ...
- Answered Prayer Caught between a rock and a hard ...
- The Way Of True Friendship I used to look askance at him, ...
- Land And Sea As though by some eternal decree Land and Sea ...
Editor and publisher of the North East Poetry Journal, a quarterly publication promoting poetry in the North East of England.
BSc. in elecrical engineering from University College, Cardiff (1962. Worked in Scotland in Research & Development at Bathgate, West Lothian. Left for the North East in 1972 to set up in... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Isam Hussain
Belief And Unbelief
Sceptics say God is an illusion,
a figment of human imagination,
a sure sign of self-delusion.
They deride the contradiction
that pervades our diction
as we speak of our conviction.
Sceptics make accusations,
hastily raise objections,
they sow the seed of confusion;
weave a web of deception
to avoid giving us their solution
to the mystery of Life and Creation.
They present their case plausibly,
quoting Hawking and Darwin readily:
the Big Bang is the origin of Creation,
and Life is rooted in Evolution;
they urge us to ...