Iwan Niksch Poems
- Pixie Dust I wish this poem were pixie dust To throw into ...
- So Happy And So Proud Thoughts of you surround me You're the...
- Unrequited Love You thought that they loved you You hoped ...
- The Smile The smile on your face is a lasting memory in our ...
- Life As I See It Life is a bitter sweet pill I am forced to ...
- I Know That You Don'T Feel For... I know that you don't feel ...
- Love In Vain Loving one, can cause great pain; And drive ...
I am a scientist, in biology and chemistry. I would never call myself a poet, and I don't want to be one. Yet I have written countless poems about life, love and death. Most were lost to fire, in an emotional attempt to start afresh, and only a few remain. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Iwan Niksch
I wish this poem were pixie dust
To throw into your eyes
And make you see the loveliness
Beneath my sad disguise.
And I would take you in my arms
And weave a magic spell
That I could utter anytime
To make you love me well.
But alas my simple words
Are like summer rain
That drums on hills and fields and hearts,
Then vanishes again.
And though my love might make you bloom,
You turn with fragile grace
To gaze in aching loneliness
At someone else's face.
We lust for what we cannot have,
A long, unbroken chain
Of lovers who ...