Jaryd Stapleton Poems
- Head Over Heels I want to be myself around you But all I can...
- Fatigue Tired of the bloodshot eyes Tired of the loose ...
- The Sun Sets On The Horizon The sun sets on the horizon And ...
- Crucify Standing in the rain At the bus stop Staring into ...
- The Small Print Stop asking me to subscribe to you It's just...
- Asthenia For all intended purposes This is not the ...
- Ltm It’s easy to ignore the signs Spread across the ...
Jaryd was an excellent student and a talented writer.
He was a gentleman, well-spoken and soaked up information like a sponge. I am an old lady of 62, and was in awe of his talent and achievements.
He was just starting second year at Durban University, when he contracted Meningitis and although he was taken to hospital immediately, his condition was misdiagnosed and he died tragically and unnecessarily. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jaryd Stapleton
Head Over Heels
I want to be myself around you
But all I can do is wear the mask of another
Someone you want me to be
If I stop speaking untruths
You might turn away, you might leave me
And I’ll just disappoint and disgust you
But I want to be all I can be for you
And all you want me to be
The problem is that those two are not the same
They are far from what I want in life
Is it good enough for you?
Can I dare to be myself?
Take the risk of jumping into a frozen lake?
Maybe, if, but, what happens then?
The point of no return. Another notch on my regret...