John J. Senchak
John J. Senchak Poems
- Manipulation - The Life Cafe I’m reading from the menu in ...
- The Fix We stand and stare in silence, wondering what went ...
- A Light-Hearted Trial I was summoned to trial, my defense was...
- A Matter Of Chance A Soldier’s son, another one, an age of ...
- Horizons In thoughtful recollection of yesterdays gone ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about John J. Senchak
Manipulation - The Life Cafe
I’m reading from the menu in this life’s quaint cafe
and see that all the specials here were served up yesterday
and you, my waitress, bring a menu, and toss it in my lap
as I avert my swollen eyes, refusing to look back
You rattle off my choices, with such practiced ease
to my chagrin you didn’t offer a thing I’d care to eat
I asked you what the hell you meant as you filled my ears with hate
and what were your intentions as you heaped more on my plate
and dumped out your emotions, and pushed them toward me too
and got more angry when I said there’s nothing I could ...