L C Vieira
L C Vieira Poems
- Letters What happened to the art of writing long letters to ...
- Mental Health Awareness Week Oh, I'm aware. Too aware. I ...
- This Wilderness 'Unworthy of this wilderness, a majesty too...
- Life Is Not Random Life is not random when each fall takes...
- Bless The Child Bless the child who's blessed me, bless the...
- Wrapped Limbs The trees kissed each other Good Morning as I...
- Enchantment's Hour Enchantment's hour, soon elves at play ...
These words are just some of my works of many years and stories. They are not finished. The process continues. It started when a few poems escaped the journals high in the closets where I hid them. I've lassoed some, but others remain online, as wild as when they left.
I started writing poetry and verse as a young teen appreciating the details in nature. Poetry became a necessity as an adult dealing with life's challenges and joys. I see symbolism and stories everywhere, and so poems and art in all forms are waiting to be born. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
What happened to the art of writing
long letters to a friend,
a lover waiting anxiously,
a beginning and an end?
Emails miss the middle bits
and all the extras, too,
but letters can be rich with words
of details through and through.
I know of some whose only kiss,
flowed from heart to pen,
on scented sheets of pale paper,
read again and again.
These letters safely tucked away
in secret backs of drawers,
are memories rich for years to come,
a journal of one’s stories.
So, if I write too much today,
forgive me if you ...