Lena Hairston Poems
- The Tiger (Revised) Tiger! Tiger! Burning bright, In the ...
- The Siren's Call I can hear the siren calling, echoing in my ...
- Falling No on is ever there to hear me when I call No one is...
- Contradictions I am pure light, but I dance in the ...
- Reflections The dark green forests are full of life. Thunder...
- My Thanks They say it is the simple things that make the ...
- Frozen We live our lives standing frozen, unable to cry ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Lena Hairston
The Tiger (Revised)
Tiger! Tiger! Burning bright,
In the forests of the night.
What immortal mind or eye
Could frame thy foolish symmetry?
From what distant keeps and skies
Have a watched with my spies?
Oh, with whom would I conspire
If I could quench thy brilliant fire?
What the methods, what the pain
Would I endure to forge thy chain?
What demons would I willingly clasp,
If I could have thee in my grasp?
I have watched thee many a year.
Would I could to teach thee fear!
Then you would finally see
Thyself as weak as you seem to me.
Tiger! Tiger! Burning ...