M. Douglas Hoss
M. Douglas Hoss Poems
- Shadows In a frenzy of ecstasy, Her shadow Hungrily, ...
- Weathering The Storm Count the seconds between The ...
- If There Were Any Other Reason If there were any other reason...
- That Which Never Does Sweep away the dust As if clearing a ...
- Into Oblivion Obscure forgotten lovers, Who prefer to ...
- An Ordinary Dream A woman wants me to save her with love In ...
- Does It Matter Whenever the pounding surf Keeps us awake, ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about M. Douglas Hoss
In a frenzy of ecstasy,
Has nothing else she can do
Except struggle with
Her own lover’s shadow
In their own frenzy too.
Twins of etiquette,
But unlike the woman,
Her shadow must live
Without her dreams,
And be willing to sacrifice anything
To have the one thing
She really wants;
To be just as loved as she.
While we are together,
Nothing can come between us.
But for they, the noonday sun.
Now I understand exactly why
All lovers are drawn into the night.