Megan Ayscue Poems
- Family Portrait I was there You didn't see me, but I was ...
- Seventh Avenue Things are different on the other side of the ...
- Poetry People Black berets Apples, skulls, quills. Such are...
- The Teacher I’ll get over my boredom soon. The teacher ...
- Yellow Rose Pretty little flower sitting on a hill, Shining...
- White As I sit here waiting On this street of silence I ...
- The Window You look at me through the window And I wonder ...
I'm a Professional Writing / Public Relations major in North Carolina. I hope to become a writer and a public relations consultant in the entertainment industry after I graduate. My main genre is alternate realities fiction (you know, vampires and stuff) right now, but I am branching out slowly. My second love is poetry, though. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Megan Ayscue
I was there
You didn't see me, but I was there
This is our family portrait
A family of chaos and destruction
Scarring each other for humanity
To see us
Crazy people who don't know what life is
Crazy people who don't know what to do
Sitting there on the couch like lazy slobs
Sleeping all day in beds of sloth
Eating ice cream and candy for breakfast
Fighting and arguing all day
Trying to kill one another with hatchets
Screaming and yelling and becoming disgraces
Letting our lives seep by without any care in the world