Megan Svoboda Poems
- Going Home For Christmas I met you on the couch at my ...
- Walking i saw my teacher walking Down by the river As we ...
- Firstfall How strange, drained, drudged, requiring remedial ...
- Loveland you Locked my soul buried under the tree and ...
- Ego It’s selfish you said In a metaphorical Poetical Way.
- Circlegames Robins eggs are the brightest blue of spring, ...
- Enclosure Making decisions is a mission that does not need ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Megan Svoboda
Going Home For Christmas
I met you on the couch at my cousin’s house
While they were touring the Mansfield penitentiary
Inside of me
In a corner with warm windows
And doting hearts permeated with
incident and awe we
hid under blankets and watched as light
Escaped in through crevices in the wool
I held your head to my chest and told you to listen
Christmas carols resonated through hollow chambers
as you tapped out time
against my naval