Melanie Calvert Poems
- Freedom When I was a little girl I wanted to be free And ...
- Soul By The Sea Walking barefoot on the beach, Collecting ...
- The Princess And The Frog A princess was out for her morning ...
- Searching For Something Another railway station. The rain's ...
- Seagull Flying Free A seagull perches on a rail Surrounding ...
- Loch Ness Monster I went away to Scotland When I was two or ...
- A Seagull Pooped On Me Today A seagull pooped on me ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Melanie Calvert
When I was a little girl
I wanted to be free
And break away from all the chains
That caused my misery.
I wanted to run away
And build a house among the trees,
Hear the birds sing in the morning,
Feel the early morning breeze.
But freedom’s an illusion
If it’s something you never see:
It makes you live in daydreams
And reject reality.
I always thought of freedom
As a thing I had to seek,
Because inside I felt so worthless,
Pitiful and weak.
Then finally the day came
When I won the power of choice
To go anywhere I wanted,...