Morgan Michaels Poems
- I Wish I Were Young, Again I wish I were young again with ...
- Life, Liberty And The Pursuit ...
- High Koo In a screen of gold and aquamarine another day ...
- Sea Turtle My specialty is minding my own business. I can't...
- Desiderata Ii The Great Yogurt Hoax? Hmmm. Yogurt not so ...
- Quid Dedicatum... What should his poet ask of Lord Apollo on...
- Rimbaud In Africa Like linen, dipped in blood you stripped ...
Quotationsmore quotations »
''The literature of the past is about shattering taboos.Morgan Michaels
Todays' literature can seem bloodless, most taboos being shattered. Let us find new taboos to shatter.''
''Florent- then so now, now so then''MM
I Wish I Were Young, Again
I wish I were young again
with lotteries to win
when it was always Spring
and I could smell the exhaust
and hear the mower slay the grass
as I lay drowsing, the sound
borne in by the breeze that under the window
came chiding ''up, you scow,
there is nothing to do but everything
and time to do it, now'.
and, turning, exited
the way it came in, in.
I wish I was a kid again
my first kiss still eons off
little knowing yet
from whence it t'would come, or where;
unsure it would please, or how;
or if, when it finally came
would it linger or...