Morney Wilson Poems
- Goodbye Mother Dear Mother, mother, mother dear, Can you ...
- To All The Men I'Ve Loved Befo... To all the men I’ve loved ...
- Prone - For Ted Hughes. - for T.H - I lie prone. I lie ...
- Friends And Nothing More Early Monday morning, I watch you ...
- Lord Lucifer (With Apologies T...
- The Pink Room When you get to the pink room do not forget to...
- She Is Gone, All Gone She has already gone places - she is ...
I live in a flat in London with some knitted plants write a lot, run a myspace page for myself and a musician friend, a website and sell on Amazon and eBay.
I've had about 50 poems published - some in anthologies (mostly in the UK, but 2 in the US) and some online. One came 4th in Forward Press's 'Top Poets of 2005' and earned me my first money from writing poetry. I self-published my first book of poems last year on lulu.com.
Over the last few months, I've been lucky enouigh to meet Bazza on myspace, a hugely prolific songwriter and singer. He's made 15 of my poems into songs and it's turned into a CD, 'The Morney Set, ' which is now on sale. More to come! ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Morney Wilson
Goodbye Mother Dear
Mother, mother, mother dear,
Can you hold me close, can you hold me near?
Mother, mother, oh mother dear,
Will you listen, listen to my words of fear?
Mother, I am inside your womb.
Mother, you hold the key.
Mother, is it too late, too soon?
Mother, what do you see?
I hear your heart beat, beat, beat,
It comforts me when I am asleep.
I feel your warmth, I feel your heat,
But mother dear, I feel you weep.
Mother, I am so full of fear.
Mother, I see it in your tear.
Mother, I know you cry and why.
Mother, I know we must say ...