Neile Genica Mijares
Neile Genica Mijares Poems
- Taking The Pencils (Thank you, Pete for showing the way) ...
- Pagbiya Sa Pier Tres (With Eng...
- Why The Road Is Wet On Monday ...
- Tulo Ka Balak I) Elipsis tulo ka luha nagsunod ug
- Pagdakup Og Kaka Inig kagabii kanang dayun ka punder sa ...
- For Whom The Bamboo Creeks The bamboo creaks when the wind ...
- Handmade Mother’s yarns are cradled in a wicker tray she has ...
A feminist, Mijares writes to give light on the changing female roles in the society at large. She is a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Nursing at the University of San Carlos. She is a member of Bathalad sa Sugbu, a group of Cebuano writers who exults the native Cebuano language in writing poetry. She is also a member of Gabriela, a feminist group based in the Philippines.
Mijares ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Taking The Pencils
(Thank you, Pete for showing the way)
I wept in searching for
the pen I lost among
the clutter inside my bag
Or it might have rolled
off the table while I slept
dreaming of words
I found some pens in the can
but they have long lost the
will to write
White papers will never be
caressed again with prose and poems
You came by and said:
if the pen you cannot find
its ink have dried or the
ball tip rolls to an unreachable
crevice on the floor
take my pencils and write
to ease the sting inside