NhuanLe ThanhThanh Poems
- The Days Dad Got Imprisoned How harrowing were the days Dad ...
- In Memory Of My Father reverently dedicated to my dear Dad’s ...
- Truth On that old day – How could it be neglected? The ...
- The Year 2000 After the year two thousand, I will be still ...
- I Have Left Behind I have left my children to save my own ...
Thanh-Thanh is the pen name of Mr. Nhuan Xuan Le who leads the 'Xay-Dung' literary group which was recognized as one of the main branches of the Vietnamese Cultural Tree at the unique pre-1975 National Cultural Festival in Saigon, capital of the former Republic of Vietnam.
After his resettlement in the States in 1992, Thanh-Thanh has begun to write in and translate into English his own and his fellow poets' work, to participate in promoting communication and understanding between nations.
http: //ThanhThanh.us more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about NhuanLe ThanhThanh
The Year 2000
After the year two thousand, I will be still alive,
And so will other animals and worms.
There still will be vegetables and germs,
And mundane life as ever, rain or shine.
Not the earth to stop revolving will tend,
Neither the seas to dry, nor the air to condense;
Each day will be a new one, not the last hence;
And the world – humanity – will face no end.
Wars will continue to erupt here and there
As an ordeal to test Man’s thirst for Peace.
Poverty, ignorance, and diseases will not cease
For egoism, greed, and cruelty will not ...