Pamela Sinicrope Poems
- Strength Just For Today (For M... A heart is a muscle It ...
- The Winter Gardener In Minnesota, when snowfalls layer like ...
- Portrait Of A Student A petite young ponytailed teenager in ...
- Inside And Out Spring came like a semi-truck and the house ...
- Tweet I'll start with four pots of flowers, maybe six. I'm ...
- I Married My Sink Today If the sink were a body I could make...
- Clean House Every time Fur ball drinks from his cup his ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Strength Just For Today (For Meg)
A heart is a muscle
It beats through fear
It flows through pain
I think I will be your heart—
just for today
This morning when you wake
take a sip from your favorite cup—
I will bring you fresh beats—carry away
pain. I will flutter my heartwings
like a happy angel, circulate
a healing wind
Today you can take a breather—
sit on the couch, pop the top off
something cool and light, knit purl
geese into pink, slip stitch hope into
a blanket. All
while those you love
love you back
(and do the dishes)