Pavol Janik Poems
- Family Study Always when I think of you dawn breaks above ...
- Piano The moment we each have our own key To the same ...
- VIVACE MA NON SOLTANTO COSI Barefoot you leap from star to ...
- To You You come from a scent. A crumpled flower.
- The Moment Before Touch The air grows still. As in an ...
- Summer The sun smashes our windows. An urgent song reaches ...
- Night Bus I admire the smiles of the wax figures and the ...
Mgr. art. Pavol Janik, PhD., (magister artis et philosophiae doctor) was born in 1956 in Bratislava, where he also studied film and television dramaturgy and scriptwriting at the Drama Faculty of the Academy of Performing Arts (VSMU). He has worked at the Ministry of Culture (1983-87), in the media and in advertising. He was President of the Slovak Writers' Society (2003-07), Secretary-General of the SWS (1998-2003, 2007-2013) and Editor-in-chief of the literary weekly of the SWS Literarny tyzdennik (2010-2013). He has received a number of awards for his literary and advertising work both in his own country and abroad.
This virtuoso of Slovak literature, Pavol Janik, is a poet, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Pavol Janik
I admire the smiles
of the wax figures
and the drunks.
Their infallible wisdom
determined by the office of normalization.
their wallpapered souls
full of light and brocade.
Their responsibility and legality
the price of taxis and wine.
I'm terrified by the indifference
with which they listen
to the heavy breathing of the last trolley buses.