Pete Burgess Poems
- Lover's Last Song There's no way that you're running ...
- The Globe Your wooden walls hold many years Of history; the ...
- No-One's Listening Everyone is wearing a mask, Everyone ...
- Morning Light I come home to disappointment. It was a night ...
- If It Wasn'T For You You leave me here on my own, I've got ...
- Bitter Ending Night Living in your own little world, You ...
- Searching It's falling to pieces, The world's coming down; ...
I live in Walsall, not the most inspiring town for a poet to live in but fortunately my family and friends give me all the inspiration I need. Oh and my school chips in too. My main interests are acting and music. They're also my main talents but there isn't that much opportunity to do much of either at the moment with my GCSE's coming up. Still if anyone knows a band needing a guitarist and/or ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Pete Burgess
Lover's Last Song
There's no way that you're running away
And leaving me on my own.
What we've shared is just too good to lose
And you know that as well as I do.
After everything that we've been through,
We can't let it go now.
So please, please I beg you;
Stay here with me.
Looking back on the great times we've had,
I find it hard to believe
That you're just throwing our lives away.
I don't see why you don't just stay.
And it makes me just want to cry,
That you're giving up so easily.
Nothing's worth having that you don't have to work for.
How can I ...