17th Century - Poem by Mihailo Sviderski
The Russian famine melts two millions
Ireland is English
Galileo said many wrong words-
not the sun around the earth
but the earth turns around the sun
and for this he knelt before the court
denied himself and his mistakes
Newton forgot to tell him that the fines
are occurring by inertia
and everything that falls down is gravity.
Perhaps he would outwit the Inquisition.
But we know for certain that it still moves.
Comments about 17th Century by Mihailo Sviderski
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl