A Comparison - Poem by Billy Simmons
What I have in my hand,
Is it only a rope?
Seeing through my eyes,
I would have to say nope.
A symbol of the Lord.
It's belief, passion and pride.
For he's always with me,
Through, before and after the ride.
My rope leads me in the right direction.
Just as the Lord does the same.
So if I fail to follow
I only have myself to blame.
Comments about A Comparison by Billy Simmons
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl